September is a month of transition…the hot days of summer begin to cool down…the colors of nature begin to change to a new and vibrant palette…fall is in the air…and the season of autumn officially arrives on September 22.
Transition…change…transformation…can be a wonderful thing! Is it time for a transition in your life? Do you want to make a positive change for yourself and for those around you? What if you were to be transformed into a person with more confidence, more knowledge, more understanding? Would that change your life?
I’ve been working in adult education for over 20 years, with Covenant College and now Belhaven University. I have seen hundreds of transformations during those years…people who literally changed their lives by adding Christian education and earning a degree to their life experience. Here are a few examples of amazing transformations I have witnessed:
- The young man who was the first in his family to earn a college degree and was then able to fulfill his dream of a professional position helping children of divorce
- Single moms who were able to get better jobs to support themselves and their children
- Employees who had been passed over for promotions because they didn’t have a degree and who received promotions and raises after finishing their degrees…some even before finishing
- The dad whose children were in high school, and he wanted to finish his college degree before they did, and he succeeded
- The woman who had a dream and started her own business when she finished her degree
- Parents who wanted to be role models for their children and show them the value of education
- The 75-year-old woman who wanted to complete what she started many years ago and graduated last May…you’re never too old!
- Veterans and current military students, some getting higher ranks with their degrees
- People dissatisfied with their jobs, wanting to change careers, and doing so with a degree
- Dads and moms wanting better lives for their families
- The student who was extremely afraid of public speaking when she began classes but gained confidence and became a public relations spokesperson for a large corporation after graduation
- Students who had tremendous growth in their faith, some totally amazing!
- And the list could go on and on…
Are you like any of them, or do you have your own special situation? Do you want change in your life? Would you like to be transformed? Belhaven University is an institution where you can discover your place, your purpose.
To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
Is this your season for change?