Dr. Chip Mason presented the annual outcomes report for the Business Programs at Belhaven University today in a webinar format. In that presentation he shared the basic structure of each of the business programs and how they are evaluated/assessed. Belhaven’s business programs are accredited through the International Accreditation Council of Business Education (IACBE). The key learning outcomes for all the business programs are:
- Recognize/Solve Problems
- Integrate Theory/Practice in Strategic Analysis
- Master quantitative methods in analysis of business situations
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Work effectively with teams on various projects
- Identify and analyze ethical obligations and responsibilities of business within the context of a Christian world view
Our programs are:
- MBA: 36 credit hours, requires a 3.0GPA and no more than 2 ‘C’ grades: Assessment: Passing score on Comp exam
- MSL: 36 credit hours, requires a 3.0GPA and no more than 2 ‘C’ grades: Assessment: Leadership development project
- MPA: 36 credit hours, requires a 3.0GPA and no more than 2 ‘C’ grades: Assessment: Combination of program evaluation and tests
- BBA: 48 credit hour business core: Assessment: Peregrine Tests & Capsim
- BSM: 45 credit hour business core: Assessment: Capsim, Synthesis Paper, & Peregrine Samples
Dr. Mason then went over the results of the assessments for each of the business programs. He discussed course modifications and strategies for improving the scores. Overall he expressed satisfaction with the programs in general, although he noted a few areas which need attention, specifically related to quantitative courses in the BBA and MBA programs.
Sadly, the recording of the webinar stopped after 8 minutes so I cannot link it here. If you have any questions related to the webinar or specific assessments, please contact Dr. Mason.