The Undo Button

The beginning of a new year is often a time for renewed vows usually attributed to something that we should be doing…should do better…or should not do at all! It’s also a time when some are filled with many regrets as we look back over a year checkered with actions we never should have taken.

Today when one works on a computer, there is a great feature that brings much comfort – the wonderful ‘undo’ button. In most Microsoft apps, it’s that counter- clockwise curvy arrow that can wipe out ‘the error of our ways,’ and get us back on track. No matter how big or small the mistake, one simple click (or many if needed) on that glorious icon gives us a clean slate to try again.
We often need a huge ‘undo’ button for our lives. Unrealistic? Sure… but most of us would love to have such a button that we could press to make the wrong things right. So many times, the second after we’ve said or done something, we wish it could be undone.

Thankfully, God can pour out His mercy on us…we just need to ask for it…yes…no button needed. See the words below…He longs to be gracious! Ask Him for mercy and grace today…every day…and walk in His love and strength in the year ahead.

David Potvin
Assistant Vice President
Belhaven University

This inspirational nugget was included in The Pulse the Campus Operations monthly e-newsletter.

6 thoughts on “The Undo Button

1. I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are really good quality so I guess I’ll add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend. 🙂

2. Could it be just me or does it appear like some of the comments come across like written by brain dead individuals? 😛 And, if you are posting on additional social sites, I enjoy some of content in the post.. please keep it up.. i want same like this from you… thanks

3. else has already said, but I do want to comment on your knowledge of the topic. Youre truly well-informed. I cant believe how much of this I just wasnt aware of. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. Im truly grateful and really impressed.