B & U Day

This was my first experience at B & U day.  This particular day was set aside  for incoming freshmen.  Like a freshman, I  haven’t  been at Belhaven very long, so I didn’t know what to expect.  When the day started you could just see the campus come to life.  Students with their parents, smiling as they walked around the campus.  Almost everyone I said “hello” to had a contagious attitude that spread throughout the campus.

The Belhaven staff and faculty were kind, helpful and engaging with every student they talked with.  One thing I noticed was the love and unity within the admission staff as they invested their energy and time into each freshman.

I am very blessed to be a part of a staff and faculty who want to serve others with a passion and purpose. Overall, B & U Day was an amazing  start to a wonderful year.   I am looking forward to seeing how the freshmen class will grow during their time at Belhaven.

–  David Sprayberry

Web Writer/PR Associate

Five freshmen met Belhaven University for the first time and gave me their first impressions and observations during the annual B & U Day festivities.

BCB_9826

Name – Heather Holcomb

From – Memphis, TN

About – Heather was awarded a soccer scholarship and will be playing hard for the Blazers this year.

First Impressions – “I really love the smaller size of Belhaven.  I’ve also enjoyed getting to meet the new freshmen class during B & U day.”

BCB_9879

Name – Datodrick Pinkston

From – Forest, MS

About – Datodrick plans to major in sports medicine and is on the Blazers’ basketball team.

First Impressions – “I am really impressed with the amount of school-spirit at Belhaven.  I was drawn to Belhaven because of the many academic achievements here.”

BCB_9830

Name – Joyce Smith

From – Hattiesburg, MS

About – Joyce is at Belhaven on a softball scholarship.

First Impressions – “I chose to attend Belhaven because it is a great Christian university and everyone knows one another and seem to be a very close-knit group.”

BCB_9918

Name – Toni Robinson

From – Jackson, MS

About – Toni plans to finish at Belhaven with a degree in communications

First Impressions – “My first impression of Belhaven is that the teachers here really care about us.  I also chose to attend BU because of the emphasis on teaching from a Christian worldview.”

BCB_9897

Name – Anna Lopes

From – Brazil

About – Anna is a creative writing major and enjoys hanging out in the library reading books on her kindle.

First Impressions – “I’ve noticed that the staff and faculty here are all very helpful, open and welcoming.”

8 thoughts on “B & U Day

1. Ginkgo Retail emerges as the cornerstone of innovation in the realm of ecommerce order management platform .This domain offers a comprehensive and dynamic solution, serving as a catalyst for businesses seeking heightened efficiency in their order processes. With an intuitive interface and robust functionalities, Ginkgo Retail empowers enterprises to seamlessly navigate, monitor, and optimize their entire order ecosystem. Its cutting-edge platform ensures precision and adaptability, setting new benchmarks in the ecommerce order management landscape. Ginkgo Retail embodies reliability and excellence, providing businesses with a competitive edge in the ever-evolving digital commerce sphere.

2. You’ve got this! Dive into your class with enthusiasm and curiosity.
    Take charge of your learning journey. Your efforts in Do My Class will yield great results

3. You’ve got this! Dive into your class with enthusiasm and curiosity.
    Take charge of your learning journey. Your efforts in Do My Class will yield great results.

4. It sounds like a memorable event for incoming freshmen. The positive energy and contagious attitude of the students and staff must have made it even more special. It’s wonderful to hear that the Belhaven staff and faculty were kind, helpful, and invested in each student. Wishing you a Drive Mad 2 fantastic year ahead at Belhaven University!

5. Hello! First, to write my term paper will require adequate sources that may even require a good thesis statement more detail huge sums of money to buy. Secondly, whenever I write my term paper, I take too long because I am a perfectionist in nature.