Where did the summer go?
Seems like yesterday that I was standing on the commencement platform singing the alma mater and thinking about the great summer ahead – books to read, golf to play, trout to catch, projects to complete.
That didn’t work out so well, as every day all summer seemed to fly by.
Two rounds of golf later (and not a single dry fly casted to a trout), it is time for the academic year to get started. But I can’t wait, becuase that’s lots more fun than anything else I could be doing.
Next week is jammed with lots of activity.
- The athletes begin to come in on Monday.
- Our Administrative Team has a half day meeting on Monday to get coordinated for the start of the semester.
- Student Affairs training begins early in the week – and I always look forward to my annual breakfast with the RAs on Tuesday morning.
- Wednesday evening is our Service of Dedication for all faculty, staff, and spouses at 7:00 in the Concert Hall.
- Thursday morning is our Campus Celebration for all employees from 8:30 to 11:00 am in the Concert Hall.
- Thursday and Friday are the Faculty Workshop – five new faculty joining us this year.
- Saturday the new students arrive for Orientation – the entering class looks very strong.
I’m glad the summer is over and the campus will be jammed full of activity again. That’s as good as it gets.