Because of the water crisis in Jackson, we will NOT open the spring semester on Wednesday as planned. Here are a number of important decisions and dates. (These changes are only for the Jackson campus)
1. Classes will NOT begin on Wednesday this week, but will start on MONDAY, JANUARY 18th.
2. To make up the class time, we will NOT hold our traditional Martin Luther King Service Day project on Monday, but will have regularly scheduled classes on Monday next week.
3. Students who are traveling to campus, or have already arrived and live within driving distance are encouraged to return home through the weekend, arriving back on campus on Sunday in time for class Monday morning.
4. For students who are already on campus and cannot return home, we have bottled water for drinking, temporary restrooms set up outside, and the dinning commons will provide meals – on paper plates, etc. We do have enough water to keep the heating boilers for the campus running at this point.
ADULT AND GRADUATE STUDENTS
1. Classes will NOT meet tonight – Tuesday.
2. We will make a decision daily regarding the meeting of class each evening.
3. Classes will resume as soon as water pressure is restored to the campus.
CAMPUS OFFICES AND EMPLOYEES
1. Offices will remain open this week, and the registration process for the spring semester will continue through the week.
2. Employees should work with their supervisors on flexible hours in order to assure the offices remain open during regular business hours. Supervisors will work with you so that some employees can return home for long lunch hours, or come in late or leave early, or work from home to make the crisis easier to handle. We understand that many employees (like me) do not have any water pressure at home and thus are needing to cope with their family emergencies as well.