Mardi Gras in Jackson

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »

This weekend, a couple friends and I went on a road trip to New Orleans, my hometown. We rode down to go to Mardi Gras! It was a very fun weekend, and we had so many great memories, including getting loads of beads, hanging out with my family, and eating lots and lots of food, mostly king cake, every day, about five times. Its a wonder that I didn’t gain a ton of weight. Anyways, we loved Mardi Gras so much that we decided to keep celebrating it back in Jackson. Today, for the actual Fat Tuesday day, we decided to get rid of all our beads and hand them out to students around campus. So all day we carried around bags of beads and handed them out to friends, acquaintances, and even people we didn’t know! It wasn’t the same as Mardi Gras parades and the New Orleans experience, but its was still fun, and it kept the Mardi Gras spirit going at Belhaven!

One Response to “Mardi Gras in Jackson”

1. an giang says:

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.