— it’s not difficult to feel involved! :-)

My name is Laura and I’m a sophomore workstudy for the Theatre Department.  I must say that I didn’t know what to expect when I signed up to work as a Production Assistant at the beginning of this semester, aside from what I had already experienced in volunteering for strike after a few productions.  I quickly found out that the job involved doing whatever was needed in preparation for the upcoming production, whether it was setting up stages, fixing props or helping with lighting.  The students and the professors in the Theatre Department thank us regularly for what we do, which surprised me at first, since a lot of work we’re doing is backstage.  But that’s a major part of the Theatre Department:  everyone has jobs and, in order for anything to work smoothly, we all have to do our jobs well.  I admire their sense of teamwork and community; it’s not difficult to feel involved.  I’ve also noticed that the students spend a lot of time in the Theatre Department, so it takes dedication and hard work.  But it all seems worth it to see that production finally go up on stage.