“What’s my motivation?” BBC article

BBC article on the brain activity of actors

Check out this article from the BBC.  They did brain scans of actor Fiona Shaw mapping the different regions of the brain that were active when acting.  Interesting stuff!

This entry was posted in Acting and tagged , by Joseph Frost. Bookmark the permalink.

About Joseph Frost

Associate Professor of Theatre. Head of BA emphasis programs in Dramatic Writing and Theatre Ministry. MFA in Script and Screen Writing, MA in Theatre Acting/Directing from Regent University. Married to Shannon, five children (Nina, Darby, Emory, Beau, Violet)

One thought on ““What’s my motivation?” BBC article

1. Wow, what a great article about the use of the actor’s brain. But really does any of us think that an actors does not call into action the creative part of the brain?
    As an actors headshot photographer I find that using stimuli such as; visualisation and direction pointers I can help the actor to move into a different, more creative state for their headshots.
    I find that without using techniques such as these and calling into action the “acting part of the brain” an actor is much less able to express themselves for the stills camera.

Nick Gregan