Always Follow Up

This was my second time going through the job contact service at SETC.  Now I knew that I should have my resumes printed on actual resume paper, rehearse what I wanted to say about my stage management experience (position I was applying everywhere for), and actually take notes during each on-the-spot interviews.  A bunch of companies would tell me to e-mail them once the conference was over to let them know whether or not I was still interested, which was not a whole lot of fun.  What do you write in attempt to get hired when you can’t physically show your work to affirm what you say?  I simply thanked them for their involvement with the conference, said their company interested me, and reminded them that they should have my resume on file to consider as they were making decisions for summer employment.  I ended up receiving an offer for an paid summer internship as an ASM three weeks later!  Lesson learned:  ALWAYS follow up with companies, even if you’re only mildly interested, because you never know which opportunities will fall through and which ones will actually happen.

GV