Rambling Musings

September 27, 2010

Life

Filed under: Miscellaneous @ 8:10 am and tagged , ,

I’m pretty sure life hasn’t slowed down since I got here back in August. I don’t remember the last time I wasn’t busy. Needless to say, I’m ready for a vacation! There has just been so much going on – and all of it has been a learning experience. Lately, I’ve been very frustrated – just with how life is going – frustrated with some classes, with some people, with how things have worked out. I’ve just felt very…out of control of the situation. JoBeth Petty (Director of Student Leadership) has a saying on her wall: “Remember, God will not call you to anything you can do; if you feel overwhelmed by what God is calling you to – you should. God will only call you to that which requires Himself; He will not give His glory to another.” Last week, she put it as her Facebook status. Today, a friend’s status was: “God puts his people in positions where they are desperate for his power, and then he shows his provision in ways that display his greatness.”
Well, jeez. Thanks, God! Lesson heard. Am I the only one who has a hard time accepting God is in control, and I’m not?

1 Comment »

1.   Gail Asher — September 27, 2010 @ 11:34 am    

Join the crowd, Janelle.:)

RSS feed for comments on this post.TrackBack URI