Fellowship of the Wedding Ring

(From left to right) Ryan Brister, Kookie Kim, Sarah Lowman, Joy Dear, Sydney Cunningham and Daniel M. Allen.

Love in the air at Belhaven University and wedding bells will be ringing soon.  A total of six staff members from Belhaven’s Traditional, Online and International Admission programs are engaged to be married.

As far as we know this is the most Belhaven staffers to be engaged at once and coincidentally, being from the same department.  Read more about how they met their sweethearts and how they proposed or were proposed to. Feel free to leave a comment of congratulations to all of the happy couples.

Ryan Brister is the Assistant Director of Online Admission and is engaged to Lene’ Bailey.  They met through a mutual friend and have been dating for two years.  They are getting married on August 18, 2012 at McLaurin Heights United Methodist Church.

How did you propose to Lene’?

“I proposed by taking her to a gazebo which was decorated with rose petals and candles. I had our favorite song playing when we arrived at the gazebo overlooking the lake.  After proposing to her I played the guitar and sang her a song.”

Kook “Kookie” Kim is an International Admission Counselor from Wonju, South Korea and she is engaged to Young Shin. Kookie and Young met in Birmingham, AL and plan to get married this summer.  Young proposed to Kookie in South Korea.

How did you both meet?

“I started to date him January 2011. I visited Birmingham, AL for Thanksgiving break in 2010 after I completed my MPA program at Belhaven. I met his parents first and they introduced us to each other. He called me after and we started talking on the phone for a month and we decided to meet for the first time. This is how our relationship started. He is my first boyfriend and the man that I’ve been praying for the last five years. Thanks to the Lord for this relationship.”

Sarah Lowman is an Admission Counselor from Birmingham, AL and is engaged to Asa Reynolds.  Asa is in his residency for general surgery in Memphis.  They have been dating long distance for almost two years. Sarah and Asa are still working on finding a date for their wedding in September of this year.

Where did you meet?

“We met through mutual friends at a karaoke night.”

How did Asa propose to you?

“Asa was in town for one of his rare weeks off. One night he handed me a rose and said that we were driving to dinner separately, and that I needed to go to Cups first. When I got there, the barista handed me another rose and a note saying that he was going to walk me through the major steps in our relationship. I followed clues to notes that led me to where we first met.  The last note was at Redeemer Church and he proposed to me in the sanctuary. Afterwards we went to dinner with both sets of parents who had driven from Memphis and Birmingham for the occasion.”

Joy Dear is an Admission Counselor from Brandon, MS and she is engaged to T.J. Bradford. They are getting married on March 16, 2013.

Where did you meet?

“Our dads were hunting buddies. They lost contact and years later bumped into each other again. When they met back up, they picked up where they left off, and are now best buds once again. They started talking about their kids and updating one another after being out of touch for about 20 years or so. One Saturday morning I was at my parent’s house and his dad was there visiting. My dad explained who I was, and I was introduced to his dad. When I left my dad later told me that his dad said, ‘Yeah, I have a son about her age at MSU pursing a degree in agronomy.’ My dad (who will always think his girls are his babies), just nodded and said ‘oh yea man that’s great.’

T.J. told me that after that day his dad met me, his dad went on and on about him needing to find me on Facebook or contact me. T.J. blew him off for a while, and then finally looked me up. He sent me an Facebook message saying ‘Hey, my dad knows your dad, I think, but I was just saying hi.’ From then on we began messaging back and forth for several days. We then exchanged numbers and started hanging out on weekends when he was home. I attended his college graduation on December 10th at Mississippi State, and that night he asked me to be his girlfriend.”

How did T.J. propose to you?

“My friend, Kenosha Robinson, is in seminary in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I went to visit her there over the Labor Day holiday.  After my trip, my ‘prince charming’ came and picked me up from the airport that evening. As I was walking down the main hallway in the Jackson International Airport, I saw him in the distance standing, awaiting my arrival. As I came closer, he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. It was the sweetest thing you could have ever seen. He later told me the reason he picked that location is because he knows that I travel often being an admission counselor. He wanted me to remember that day every time I entered or exited the airport, which is quite often.”

Sydney Cunningham is the Data Coordinator for Online Admission and is engaged to Joseph Charlton from Little Rock, MS.  Sydney and Joseph are getting married on June 2, 2012 in Utica, MS.

How did you meet?

“We met while serving as intern-missionaries with WeWillGo Ministries in downtown Jackson.  Joseph is an Elementary teacher in Rankin County and I am in my second semester of seminary.”

Daniel M. Allen is an Admission Counselor for Online Programs and he is engaged to Laura Kirst.  They met at college in Chicago and plan to get married on July 21, 2012.

How did you propose to Laura?

“I proposed to Laura by setting up a surprise scavenger hunt on our old college campus with places in which we shared a lot of memories while we were dating. I asked her to marry me at the place we had our first date, two years ago.”

35 thoughts on “Fellowship of the Wedding Ring

1. To all the happy couples, may your love continue to grow stronger with each passing day. Here’s to a future mapquest filled with endless love, laughter, and unforgettable memories. Congratulations again!

2. It seems like you mentioned stumble guys which sounds like a combination of “The Fellowship of the Ring” (the first book in J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings” series) and “The Wedding Ring.”

3. A wedding ring, also known as a wedding band or engagement ring, Immaculate Grid is a symbolic piece of jewelry exchanged between partners during a wedding ceremony. It traditionally represents the commitment and love shared between the spouses.

4. I was relieved to see your improved piece on your site because you have clearly come a long way. The more you write, the more I hope it improves.
    globle game

5. Congratulations to all of you.
    Engagement is the official announcement that two partners are going to spend their life together. It is such a special moment in every person’s life. And that’s why there is immense importance of engagement rings. May the newly engaged always be happy, and live their life progressively!

6. Remember yourself you are the best secretary for your mission, the most effective propagandist of your ideals, and the best vindication of your principles. Thank you

7. Funny platformer battle royale lol beans game. Play multiplayer online for free in browser and mobile, no app or download. Ultimate Wipeout!

8. With recipes conceptualised by our expert nutrition team and cooked up by talented chefs using only the freshest ingredients in our HACCAP and ISO 22000 certified kitchen we strive to deliver high-quality meals 365 days a year. healthy snacks dubai

9. Our affordable treadmills deliver the best quality and the latest technology. From exclusive interval training programs and responsive motors to easy to one-touch controls, we offer fitness solutions that work. horizon treadmill uk

10. Located in the northern part of the United Republic of Tanzania, Mt Kilimanjaro straddles the country’s border with Kenya. It is surrounded by lush forest of the Kilimanjaro National park and is near two prominent townships in Tanzania, Moshi and Arusha. Mount Kilimanjaro

11. These measures can not only reduce overcrowding but also prevent unauthorised individuals entering the premises and can be used for crowd control, access control and for security. speedlanes

12. We teach junior Snowboard Lessons from 7 years of age and our market-leading children’s SnoAcademy is a fantastic way for your child to learn snowboarding skills. Alternatively you can also book private snowboard lessons for children.

13. An Event Management System is a software application that helps you plan, promote, and produce events. It is designed to streamline the event planning process and provide you with the tools you need to successfully manage your events. Event Management System

14. Excellent article plus its information and I positively bookmark to this site because here I always get an amazing knowledge as I expect. Thanks for this to share with us wordle today

15. I visited your website. It is very interesting and impressive. I really enjoyed this article of yours. Thanks for sharing with us such a great article. I want to come again. Please update.

16. These photos look very professional! I don’t know what camera they were taken with, but it’s immediately clear that they were shot by a professional photographer. I advise you to post them on Instagram and they will definitely be well appreciated. I quite often come out there similar professional photos and more than once noticed that they are usually posted by accounts that have almost 53 thousand of followers! I am sure this is because the owners of such accounts use the help of https://viplikes.net in order to wind up followers on Instagram.

17. Remember that you yourself are the best secretary of your task, the most efficient propagandist of your ideals, the clearest demonstration of your principles, the highest standard of higher education that your spirit embraces and the living message of the high notions that you pass it on to others. Do not forget, also, that the greatest enemy of your noblest achievements, the complete or incomplete denial of the sublime idealism that you proclaim, the discordant note of the symphony of good you intend to perform, the architect of your afflictions and the destroyer of your lifting opportunities – it’s you.

18. Congratulations for the engagement, really interesting story when someone meet his/her couple in one location

19. Well done, a really romantic article and such happiness among the group. Best wishes to all at Belhaven, may you all be blessed in your marriages.

20. Belhaven is not only a plece wher you will gain much more knowledge and proffessional skills, but also a place which continuoulsy will make you feel more mature and ready to walk the most serious path in life- namely, the creating of a family.

21. Congratulations to all you engaged Belhaven couples! We are thrilled at how God has led you together and pray His many blessings on your futures! Jeff and Barbara Allen (Daniel’s parents)